Friday, January 22, 2010

Surprise!

Wow!

I had a surprise when the postman turned up on my doorstep this morning!

Look what he brought me ...



A fabulous triple CD box-set of 'The Best Worship Songs ... Ever!' and that cool 'Spread The Word' book!

Yeah, and the CF Trust's 'CF Today' magazine. I put that in the photo too because I thought it sort of illustrated the two main themes of my life, God and CF. Normally, when I get that magazine, I force myself to read it from cover to cover, getting more and more emotional and I can't get CF out of my head for the rest of the day. Even though the publication itself tries to be as positive as possible, I always feel very low after reading it.

But not today!

Today I have three new CDs of inspirational worship songs to listen to, and a new book to read, which I'm hoping will bring me closer to God. The book is a compilation of sample chapters from 19 Christian books, and as the foreword says, the hope is that it will inspire the reader to go out and buy one or more of the books, read it/them, and "nurture your faith".

I can't wait to read it! I've been reading my Bible every night before bed, and I'm really enjoying it, so to have this book to read as well is fabulous!

And so I'd like to say a huge

T H A N K Y O U

to Kim for sending it to me, I really appreciate it!

Now, if I just knew who sent me the CDs, I would be able to thank them too ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Cd's weren't sent for any gain for me but as you found the Graham Kendrick song so inspiring on Sunday I thought it would be good for you to have some quality Christian music to help you on your journey. So glad they arrived safe, hope they fill you with joy and a desire to worship.

Kimbows said...

Glad the book was of interest, I hope Seren and Dylan liked their post too.
Kim

Rebecca said...

Well, thank you very much, Anonymous, whoever you are. The CDs are much appreciated.

Adrian bought me 'Songs For Worship 4' in 2002, and I listen to those quite a lot, but there are loads of songs on the CDs you sent that I've never heard before, and I can't wait to listen to them!

Thank you again for your kind gift,

Hugs,

Becky xx